Saturday, January 17, 2009

I'm Back!!!

I have neglected this blog for a while not for lack of interest in it rather for lack of time. I have been rather busy with work. I like to put some thought into what I write because I always want to put my best foot forward so to speak. I just got back from a great vacation with the family and realized the toll that long separations can have on relationships. Leah and I had to get used to having one another around and expectations ran rampant throughout the 10 days I was home. Leah expected things to go one way and I expected other things. Is there a secret formula out there that can magically bring a couple together...nope. It takes some down in the trenches hard work to reconnect and reestablish the connectivity that was once there. Am I saying that love is not there...of course not. I am also not talking about a 2 week separation either. Leah and I have spent a total of 12 days together in the last 10 months and only one of those alone together. It takes work and patience on both partners to make it work. I believe that couples overlook the importance of good ole fashioned hard work!!! Leah and I are hard at work trying to keep the lines of communication flowing. Reinforcing the love that God has given us is key to the health of our marriage. And sometimes we just need to swallow our pride and ensure that the needs of our spouse is met. I garrauntee you that the road won't be easy but like I've said before your marriage is worth it.

No comments: