Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I'm Sorry

Why is that so hard to say? I believe that if we could learn how to say those simple words our marriages would suffer a lot less grief. God makes it fairly clear that we are not to let the sun go down while we're angry and saying I'm sorry is the first step to reconciliation. The biggest barrier we face with saying I'm sorry is our own pride. I know this from experience. If we would just set aside pride we could build the type of marriage that God desires us to have. I know that this is all easier said than done but it is well worth it. I said the words "I'm sorry" to Leah today and a weight was lifted off of our relationship, a heaviness that was putting a huge wedge between us. Saying "I'm sorry" allowed us to bridge the gap that we were facing. I had to swallow my pride and take the first step towards resolution. So try it sometime, saying your sorry, it's not as hard as you think. When it comes to the most important relationship in your life it is all worth it.

No comments: